Public Speaking & Education
I’ve spoken at a lot of events, colleges, schools and universities, and love meeting new audiences, passing on my experience and answering questions - even the hard ones I wasn’t expecting - online and in person.
Here are some of my current and previous engagements.
Member of Speakers For Schools | ongoing
Journalist Robert Peston’s programme of providing professional speakers to schools around the UK.
Prodigious Inspiration Sessions | 2022
Working in-agency introducing the production teams at Leo Burnett and Saatchi to the playful joys of ink on paper!
National Teen Book Week | 2022
I gave a talk about a career illustrating for Young Adult & Middle Grade books.
Adobe Educational Summit
A talk about my illustration career together with the UK launch of our first documentary ‘Stupid Enough’.
Apple Store Covent Garden
A live in-store session integrating the iPad Pro and Apple pencil with my analogue workflow.
Schmiede, Hallein, Austria
Premiering our first documentary ‘Stupid Enough’ to an international audience of creatives.
Workshops & Demos
- Wacom Demonstrations (as a Wacom sponsored artist)
- Apple Store London’s ‘Made On A Mac’ series
- Authors Engaging Students programme
- Association of Illustrators speaker and judge
- The Creative Exchange, Scotland
- Pecha Kucha 20x20
Higher & Further Education
- Birmingham Institute of Art and Design
- Coventry University
- Cumbria University
- Edinburgh College of Art
- Farnborough College
- North Warwickshire & Hinckley College
- Stafford College
- University of Lancaster
- London College of Printing
- Mid-Kent College
- DLD College
- London College of Communication
- Weston College, Weston-Super-Mare and other UK institutions
Sarah, your talk was an inspiration to our young illustrators and artists and as a result some are keen to follow their dreams and pursue a career in art. Thank you so much! - Hastings High School